Europe at the Crossroads: The Future of the Euro Area and Europe
Friday, 15 January 2016, 3-5 p.m.
Mevissensaal, TH Köln, Claudiusstrasse 1, 50678 Köln
The European Union is going through some of the biggest challenges in its history. The Euro crisis is still looming. The UK is heading towards a referendum on a potential exit from the EU. And nationalism abounds in many member countries.
- In the European vision of an “ever closer union” an idea of the past?
- Will nationalist movements endanger the European project?
- Will Europe be able to develop a more stable and coherent governance?
The Jean Monnet Chair at TH Köln invites you a public discussion on these and more issues with prominent international panelists:
- Prof. Dr. András Inotai, former President of the Institute for World Economics, Budapest
- Prof. Hans-Helmut Kotz, Center for European Studies, Harvard and SAFE Policy Center, Goethe U, former Board Member Bundesbank, in charge of Financial Stability and Markets.
- Prof. Dr. Alojzy Nowak, Pro-Rector of the University of Warsaw
- Willem Noë, EU Commission, Directorate General NEAR
- Moderator: Prof. Dr. Harald Sander, Jean Monnet Chair at TH Köln
The event will be followed by a reception allowing for further informal discussions.