I am currently holding the Jean Monnet Chair “Europe in the Global Economy” at Technische Hochschule Köln (TH Köln). I am a Professor of Economics and International Economics at TH Köln and at Maastricht School of Management. At TH Köln I direct the Institute of Global Business and Society. My major research interests are:
- International financial integration, especially global banking
- European (monetary) integration
- International trade and investment
- (The limits of) global governance
- Green growth and the role of eco-innovations
I also have a strong interest in promoting internationalization of higher education and in innovation in academic teaching.