I am a Professor of Economics and International Economics at Technische Hochschule Köln (TH Köln). I have been awarded the Jean Monnet Chair “Europe in the Global Economy” at TH Köln (2014-17 Erasmus+ financed) by the European Union. At TH Köln I also direct the Institute of Global Business and Society. At Maastricht University’s Maastricht School of Management I hold a position as Associate Professor and are a fellow of the Graduate School of Business and Economies at Maastricht University.
My major research interests are:
- International financial integration, especially global and European banking
- European (monetary) integration
- International trade and investment
- (The limits of) global governance
- Green and inclusive industrial policy
I also have a strong interest in promoting internationalization of higher education and in innovation in academic teaching.